Lower Back Pain Can Be Relieved with the Assistance of Our Henderson, NC, Chiropractor
Care Chiropractic and Acupuncture provide chiropractic care in Henderson, NC, to patients with acute and chronic lower back pain. We can help alleviate pain associated with back injuries or degenerative conditions affecting the lumbar spine. You may know for sure what is causing the pain and what treatments are available once you receive an evaluation from our chiropractor, Dr. Myers.
Low Back Pain Causes
It's not surprising that low back pain is a leading cause of limited mobility, missed workdays, reduced quality of life, and disability. After all, the lumbar spine facilitates a wide range of motion every day. Sciatica, lumbar herniated disc, bulging disc, and vertebral subluxation (misalignment) often feature as common reasons for back pain. Other common culprits include:
- Lifestyle habits: For example, poor posture, prolonged sitting, sleeping on a poorly designed mattress, or wearing poorly made shoes
- Muscle strains and sprains: From overuse or repetitive motion such as bending and twisting
- Injury or trauma: Injury to a spinal joint, bone, disc, or nerve from a fall, accident, improper lifting technique, obesity, or pregnancy
- Lumbar degenerative disc diseases (DDD): Age-related wear and tear on the intervertebral disc that leads to problems such as herniated disc
- Degenerative conditions: Especially spinal stenosis, lumbar osteoarthritis, spondylolisthesis, and pinched nerve roots
Low Back Pain Symptoms
Patients battling chronic back pain usually feel a dull, sharp searing, or burning pain that may radiate to the buttock. If sciatica is the root cause, the pain may radiate to the leg. Other symptoms are stiffness, numbness, tingling, weakness, or reduced range of motion. Pain may intensify when walking, bending, or sitting for an extended period.
Lower Back Pain Treatment from Our Chiropractor in Henderson, NC
Chiropractic care at our wellness center focuses on addressing the underlying cause of the pain to prevent it from coming back. Treatment can start once we receive the results of your diagnostic tests. Dr. Myers may use different gentle, non-invasive techniques to manipulate or mobilize the joints, bones, and discs back into their proper positions.
Correcting spinal misalignment is an effective way to alleviate back pain and nerve pain symptoms from a compressed nerve or sciatica. Musculoskeletal and nervous system functions also improve following spinal adjustments. We may even recommend routine adjustments to manage chronic back pain on a long-term basis.
Other back pain-relief therapies that stimulate natural healing or strengthen the body are massage therapies, acupuncture, and corrective exercises.
Stay Active with Non-Surgical Lower Back Pain Therapies
You're in good hands with the wellness team at Care Chiropractic and Acupuncture. Our Henderson, NC, chiropractor has almost 20 years of experience treating back pain and other pain conditions. To schedule an appointment today, call (252) 438-2273.